Please read the following Advice.
- The microblading procedure normally requires multiple treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for at least one retouch appointment. This will take place 4 to 6 weeks after the initial procedure. Those with oily skin may require an additional touch-up. Please be aware that color intensity will be significantly darker and sharper immediately and a few days after the initial procedure, but the color will reduce by 30-50%
- Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, sensitivity or discomfort may still be felt. The skin may be red and/or swollen after the procedure
- Please don’t wear makeup on the day of your procedure
- Please do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to the treatment
- Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment: Black pepper, Cardamom, any member of the Zingiberaceae (Ginger) family, Cayenne, Cinnamon, Garlic, Horseradish, Mustard
- Please do not shape or wax your brows before the procedure. Your technician will shape brows during the procedure
- No electrolysis for at least 5 days before the procedure
- Botox, AHA products, and retinoids should be avoided for 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Exfoliating treatments such as microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Chemical and laser peels & micro-needling should be avoided no less than 6 weeks prior to the procedure
- Patients prone to cold sores/fever blisters should take an antiviral prior to treatment
- Hormone therapies can affect pigmentation and/or cause sensitivity
- Don’t drink any coffee before the procedure or the day of the procedure.
Topical Anesthetic Advice
- Allergic reactions can occur from any anesthetics used during the procedure. If you do suffer from an allergic reaction, you should contact your doctor immediately. Allergic reaction responses may show through redness, swelling, rash, blistering, dryness, or any other symptoms associated with an allergic reaction.
- Numbness – We cannot accept responsibility if the area to be treated does not respond to the numbing cream. Each individual is different according to skin type. Some clients report the area to be completely numb, while others may experience some discomfort.
- Procedure – For the microblading procedure, a numbing cream/gel is used. The products are formulated to be perfectly safe and can be purchased over the counter from any pharmacy/chemist. The anesthetic is placed over the treatment area for 20-30 minutes then carefully removed prior to treatment. As a result of the treatment, combined with the use of the anesthetic, you can expect to experience some redness/swelling that can last 1-4 days. You should always follow your post-procedure advice and after-care for the best results.
Contraindications for Microblading
- Liver disease – high risk of infection • Pregnancy/Nursing
- Compromised skin near brow area • Chemotherapy/Radiation
- The following medical conditions require a note from your doctor giving consent
Diabetes Type 1 and 2, autoimmune disease, disease Any other medical condition that causes slow healing or a high risk of infection